To keep the challenge consistent, we recommend a few guidelines:
- Sketchbook should be 8.5" x 11", 108 pages. (110 is probably okay too).
- Challenge runs from July 1st to July 31st
- Start the challenge by writing the date on the first page
- Draw every day. You'll want to average 3.5 pages per day
- Both sides of the page must be filled
- Complete the challenge with a hand turkey and date the final page
We're created several variations on the challenge for those interested in different ways to participate.
The Whole Tamale
You're ready to put down some serious sketching mileage. Get ready to enter the carpal tunnel and don't take you foot off the gas until July 31st.
The full 30 day challenge. Fill a 108 page sketchbook in 30 days.
You love to draw, you want to get better, but seriously, who wants to end up with your hand in a splint? You want to take your time and really make sure you're getting it right.
Sketch daily for the duration of the 30 day challenge and post your work on social media with the tag #sketchbooksummer. Focus on quality, not quantity.
The Li'l Tamale
You want the Everest experience without have to take so many steps.
Do the complete challenge, but choose a sketchbook smaller than 8.5"x11"